since lists of all sorts are fun and frivolous but trivially interesting, i'm going to post a list of items i never leave the house without.
1. calendar. moleskine holds everything i have trouble remembering. for someone as scatterbrained as myself, it really means everything. i have a long and affectionate relationship with moleskine and the back pockets of my old notebooks and calendars store many of my most important memories.
2. notebook. i write all info on jobs in my notebook and follow-up with it as well. i also doodle random ideas, such as blog posts, in the back.
3. muji pens. i am really particular about my scribbling tool and i've gotten used to these pens. my sister sends me loads from london unless i make it there myself.
4. earrings. after years of going bare-eared i started wearing small studs last fall. i got these efva attling ones as a present and love their simplicity. actually, i'm a huge fan of her streamlined and stylish jewelry.
5. perfume. i don't leave the house without perfume. i may leave barefaced and barefoot, but never without my scent. for years now it's been dior homme which is warm and spicy but does not have the secret ingredient that transforms all other male perfumes into the familiar harsh, manly aroma.
6. watch. not unlike many others i took a break from wearing wristwatches for a few years and relied on my phone for telling the time. about three years ago i bought this digital chronograph from tag heuer, and have grown so attached to it i feel naked without it hanging heavy on my wrist. it's big and bulky and works perfectly with my androgynous style.
7. powder. forever shiny i cannot leave the house without my compact. i have been a mac aficionado for ten years and kept harassing friends and relatives who travel for my basic makeup until last year when mac arrived at stockmann's, and my powder of choice makes no exception. currently it's from their mineralize line.
8. phone. slim, cheap and basic nokia. it needs to fit into my pocket, not break easily when thrown ('cause i'm clumsy!) and work well for talking and texting, that's all.
what are your daily essentials?