Saturday, October 18, 2008

notes on a beginning of a blog.

to be honest, i'm not new to the game. in fact, i've had a blog for several years. why start another one then, they ask. let me explain.

cardinal mistake #1: thinking no-one would actually read your blog in this universe of infinite bloggers.

cardinal mistake #2: imagining that using a pseudonym that was not restricted to the virtual world would not interfere with anonymity.

cardinal mistake #3: failing to censor oneself in thinking that a public blog is a great outlet for intimate, somewhat private thoughts.

outcome: realizing that you have a public blog of intimate thoughts with compromised anonymity and a steadily increasing number of readers amounting to a couple hundred hits a day with a few dozen regulars.

*all sorts of stuff hitting the fan*

therefore, a few months ago i went private with my older blog. not that i really have anything to hide; my closets are kept neat and swiped. it just started to feel slightly iffy meeting people for the first time and realizing they knew quite a few things about me when all i had was a name and a face. i do accept the blame for my choice of an outlet, but it must have felt weird for them, as well -- as if they'd been snooping into my badly hidden journal. let's just say going private with my other blog and starting anew with this one is to even things out a bit.

*takes a bow*

hey, y'all. i'm a girl with funny, helmet-like hair you'll find dj'ing all around town. my educational background is in philosophy, political theory and english, among others, but my older readers will know i have a keen interest in science, music, fashion, urban culture, design, gadgets and lists of all sorts. my interests will determine the content of this blog.

outrageous outings? i will out stuff i find outrageously cool, impressive, or beautiful. and i'll complain about all sorts of stuff, if i feel like it.

welcome. feel free to comment.

No comments: